EMBF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to make a full time living from eBay?

4 posters

Go down

Is it possible to make a full time living from eBay? Empty Is it possible to make a full time living from eBay?

Post by MidlandsBTA Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 am

I was thinking about this, and now eBay is becoming raided by the big boys (tesco are on there) is it still possible to start from afresh, and make an eBay business work, or have all possible items been explored?

I have an ebay account, and mainly use it for the occasional buy and sell, but have spent many evenings exploring for opportunities to jump on the easy buy in bulk, sell on ebay bandwagon, but I just can't seem to find anything at all! It almost seems as if people are happy to make just a few pence per item!

MidlandsBTA

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to make a full time living from eBay? Empty Re: Is it possible to make a full time living from eBay?

Post by Tank Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 pm

I think you can, it is all about finding the right places to get your stock from, and luck, and a bit of eBay knowledge.

There is a website I use to get stock from, and whilst I sometimes sell only every other week the stock I buy, it is selected stock I have chosen, and it tends to sell and certainly boosts my income from my full time job.

The stock can vary also, so I would like to think I am interesting seller, that people may favourite, one week it could be designer ladies boots, the next heaters.

My other little trick is patience, buying in stock after the event for the next year, e.g New Years stock in January will be heavily reduced, if you can afford to bulk buy, and store it, do it!

Tank

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to make a full time living from eBay? Empty Re: Is it possible to make a full time living from eBay?

Post by TheBalloonPrintingCompany Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:14 am

eBay, for the more high tollerent people, tried it and get so frustrated with people that claim not to of recieved it.....a vicious circle, ebayers want the cheapest, to be the cheapest you have to use the cheapest option, which is bog standard 2nd class, the buyer claims never recieved it, you have no proof they have or have not recieved it, claim with ebay started by seller, full refund given, you as they buyer now minus the item, and the postage! if you send it by recorded post, you eliminate this, but as your prices are higher, you don't get the business!

rant over!

TheBalloonPrintingCompany

Back to top Go down

Post by virtualjulie Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:03 am

Listing items on Ebay can be quite pricey too, don't you find?
virtualjulie
virtualjulie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:46 am

expensive doesn't cover it, if you factor in all the people claiming 'non delivery' (I seem to have had them all recently) then it works out very pricey.

the thing that bugs me about ebay, is how robotic it all seems to be, how easy it is for buyers, but for sellers, we get charged the earth, when someone starts a case we are immediately docked the money until the case is decided, often a couple of weeks, which leads to the question, where does all the interest from this money earned go? the money they hold must be millions each day from all the cases, it must go somewhere.

Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum