EMBF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE WHAT, IFS, MAYBES, HOWS, WHENS OF BUSINESS START UP

3 posters

Go down

THE WHAT, IFS, MAYBES, HOWS, WHENS OF BUSINESS START UP Empty THE WHAT, IFS, MAYBES, HOWS, WHENS OF BUSINESS START UP

Post by BeverleyC Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 am

Hello All,

I am new to business, have been practising as a private counsellor for a year, however have never done any advertising etc, due to working full-time too, however I am feeling I am wanting to do more for myself instead of keeping working for people.

What I am looking for is advice, tips on how to go about setting up a business? anyone done a course to help guide them?

Any tips, suggestions welcome

Beverley Very Happy
BeverleyC
BeverleyC

http://www.eisteoir.com

Back to top Go down

THE WHAT, IFS, MAYBES, HOWS, WHENS OF BUSINESS START UP Empty Re: THE WHAT, IFS, MAYBES, HOWS, WHENS OF BUSINESS START UP

Post by trevcoker Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 am

Social media is the key and networking.

trevcoker

Back to top Go down

THE WHAT, IFS, MAYBES, HOWS, WHENS OF BUSINESS START UP Empty Re: THE WHAT, IFS, MAYBES, HOWS, WHENS OF BUSINESS START UP

Post by Tank Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:36 am

Hi, What level of confidence/ability would you consider yourself with regard to taking your business forward. There are courses that are free, but to be honest, they are for total beginners, so if you have, as I suspect, have some basic knowledge, these are not for you.
Agree with Trev also networking is good, I like online networking like this, I find the meetings which are often very early in a morning, and I am not a morning person, are attended by many pushy confident salesmen, representing common types of companies.
Online, you can have a chat, no pressure, no shyness, and have a laugh, and I know if someone helped me on here, I would like to help back, or be preferential to using them if I ever had the need, or do a good deal if they ever needed me.

Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by trevcoker Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:30 am

I once worked for a guy who started doing his own jobs "on the side".
He told me that if you were to work for yourself, if possible try to fit it in untill it is that impractical. It is a very hard thing being self employed unless you have disposable funds that can be used for marketing, advertising, staff, accoutantants and the like. There are a few free networking events like the brighter directions one at the village hotel that are in afternoons and very relaxed. I ran one once in the evening which had one of the guys singing a talk by a professor from rekyavik (sorry for the spelling) and it was a bring a bottle. It was very productive and very informal.

trevcoker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum