EMBF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE DO YOU ADVERTISE?

+4
TheBalloonPrintingCompany
Tank
trevcoker
BeverleyC
8 posters

Go down

WHERE DO YOU ADVERTISE?  Empty WHERE DO YOU ADVERTISE?

Post by BeverleyC Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 am

I am considering best places to advertise other than online, I am wondering where you all advertise? best return for your adverts?

Beverley Smile
BeverleyC
BeverleyC

http://www.eisteoir.com

Back to top Go down

WHERE DO YOU ADVERTISE?  Empty Re: WHERE DO YOU ADVERTISE?

Post by trevcoker Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 am

The best thing to do is investigate your targeted area.

trevcoker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tank Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:31 am

I find the free adverts in the yellow pages cant go wrong, especially if you are in a unique field, such as yours, where there won't be many listings.

What I always think with advertising, if I was looking what would I do.

Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBalloonPrintingCompany Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:09 am

I agree Bev with Tank, for your particular field, you wouldn't go wrong with yellow pages, it is where I would look.

TheBalloonPrintingCompany

Back to top Go down

Post by trevcoker Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:14 am

Over the years I have advertised in several places and it certainly depends on what product or service you provide. I have found also several places such as freeindex or touchlocal help with seo also.

trevcoker

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakring Framing Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 am

I find that with Yell.com (yellow pages online) it really helps to get someone to leave a review as not many people do and it comes up with stars which are quite eye catching.
Oakring Framing
Oakring Framing

Back to top Go down

Post by JournalistJohn Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:51 am

I work for a local paper, and we have a weekly business section, and you would be suprised to hear we struggle for stories, and how effective a well written article could be.

Nobody wants to hear about you being at a company 30 years, or the award you won from 10 a minute awards company, what people like to read, is about what you do, and what makes you that bit different to your competitors. A hidden advert really in an article.

You may think its a long punt, but if you are just setting up, and you have something that you offer that is a bit different, look up your local papers business section, I assure you, they will listen.

JournalistJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by danniberd Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 am

Not sure who or how many would be intrested but iv been thinking of a way for small businesses to advertise and i would be intrested to hear from anyone thats up for it......

I advertise my business on my car as its my business car so what im thinking is what if all us small/new businesses advertised on each others cars almost as if we are sponsered by??

Not sure if that makes much sense lol
danniberd
danniberd

http://www.ocdee.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by trevcoker Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 am

In the past year I designed a system that could be used by all companies by use of one simple QR code, It was originally put together for Newark for the portas bid. They diddnt win the bid and lost interest in helping theirselves. I have one that is working in nottingham and a few companies use it and share the code in their businesses and on their advertising. If anyone wants a link on it send me a message and I will gladly pop you on the system.

trevcoker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 am

Hi Trev,
It may be worth explaining more what a QR code is, should anyone be unsure.

Admin
Admin

https://embf.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by trevcoker Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:24 am

A QR code is a very much like a barcode but can be used in any number of ways. These codes are popping up everywhere and can be scanned using any smartphone. Standardly these can do a single task such as loading a number into the phone automatically hold a web url, hold contact details etc etc.. I have developed a way to make these codes have multiple paths and can do just about anything. I have made the features integrate into the phones functions that allow a person who scans to visit a facebook page, connect via twitter, G+, email with a pre programmed in email address, load a number into the phone dialer ready to call, sms, initiate navigation and the list could go on and on forever. I have made these codes for various clients and have several systems like these under consideration by some pretty heafty players world wide. QR code readers are available free for every type of smartphone. If anyone wants to know more give me a shout.

trevcoker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum